The next regular Third Order meeting will be Sunday, December 8, 2019 - note the schedule change, following the 10:15 am High Mass (about 12:30 pm).
The two books for the 2019-2020 year, will be:
1. The Spirit of Early Christian Thought by Robert Wilken:
2. Homilies on 1st John by St. Augustine:
(Both books are also available elsewhere.)
The reading assignment for the December 8th, 2019 meeting is:
The Spirit of Early Christian Thought by Robert Wilken, Chapter 7. Optional reading: Chapters 8 and 9.
The reading assignment for the November 17th, 2019 meeting was:
The Spirit of Early Christian Thought by Robert Wilken, Chapter 4. Optional reading: Chapters 5 and 6.
The reading assignment for the October 13th, 2019 meeting was:
The Spirit of Early Christian Thought by Robert Wilken, Chapter 1. Optional reading: Chapters 2 and 3.
Previous readings are available here.
General meeting, from October 13th, 2019:
Audio recordings from other previous meetings are available here.
Third Order Simplified Divine Office
Third Order Divine Office downloads are available here.
About the Third Order
- The CRNJ Third Order is an opportunity to become more imbued with the spirituality of the CRNJ, to socialize with others who regularly attend the Priory, and receive assistance in prayer and the sacramental life.
- Meetings will ordinarily be held on the 2nd Sunday of each month at the Priory after the High Mass (around 12:15 pm).
- Regular topics of discussion will be: Scripture, Liturgy, and the writings and person of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Meetings from September to February 2017 have been introductory in order to help those interested decide whether they would like to make the commitment.
Required Commitments for the Third Order can be downloaded here: